I found out today why you need to train in advance for a big 5k race. It’s because even if you finish the race the next day you will be sore. By sore I mean every conceivable muscle including ones you didn’t know you had will ache with every movement. As a result today was a lazy day of playing in the garden followed with a good dinner. Tonight’s dinner was Chicken with Mustard sage sauce it was delicious. Of course, I had no hand in creating it my talented chef boyfriend threw it together at the last minute.
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD-SAGE SAUCE
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1/2 tsp of granulated sugar
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup of white wine
1 tblspn Dijion mustard
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tsp. minced fresh sage leaves
table salt and ground black pepper
1. Rub both sides of each chicken breast with 1/8 tsp. of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. sugar.
2. Place chicken sugar side down, in 12 inch skillet and cook until lightly browned, for 5-8 minutes.
3. Using tongs, flip chicken positioning them in same manner. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is cooked.
4. Transfer chicken to plate, tent with foil and let rest.
5. Pour liquid in skillet into small bowl, while chicken is resting add oil oil and garlic to skillet. Set skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and increase heat to high and simmer until reduced to about 2 tablespoons about 3 minutes. Add white wine to skillet. In another bowl whisk Dijion mustard and butter until combined. Stir in sage and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, spoon sauce over chops serve immediately.
My now my stomach is full and I am loaded up with advil and wine as I hope for a speedy recovery.