I did some renovating to my garden. I took out some long suffering Zinnias and Cosmos out of there tiny pots and planted them in the back of the garden where they are blooming like crazy. But the front of the garden is tragically sparse. I’ve been experimenting with different ideas to grow seedlings. One of my experiments was using the newpaper pots I have seen mentioned on several sites. I used two different methods the first was the popular method I found on Wizer (Great tutorial). I liked the shape of the pot but the bottom tore (this is due to user error I’m sure)
I liked the overall shape but I preferred to use my old trusty cup design. This is the only orgaimi fold that I have memorized. I was doing this one when I was a kid. The cups will hold there shape but I put removable paperclips as a precaution.
The bottom was thicker so it withstood the watering and the right shape and size to be put into an unused cupcake tin.
So far I have successfully grown Dahlia, Carnation, and Four o’clock seedlings which I hope will fill the garden with lots of color.
Leave a Reply