Before I went to college I hated coffee. I hated the bitter taste, the aroma, and the addicts who drank it. That was before I got a job at a coffee shop. That’s where I was introduced to the beauty of adding chocolate, flavors, and whip cream to make a delicious addictive treat. Now ten years later I am a caffine fiend. My caffinated beverage of choice is a small iced Mocha with an extra shot of espresso. That’s just the right blend of caffine and sweetness.
How to make a Hot Mocha
1. In a small bowl, combine equal parts warm water and sweetened cocoa powder.
2. Stir until it forms a smooth syrup.
3. Pour 2 tbsp. of the syrup into the 8 oz. cup.
4.Add a shot (1oz) of espresso or double strength, dark roasted coffee
5. Fill the rest of your cup with steamed milk
6. Top with Whipped Cream (sprinkles optional)
How to make an Iced Mocha
1. Fill Cup with Ice
2. Add cold milk
3. Combine cocoa syrup and a shot of espresso until blended.
4. Add to mixture adding ice if necessary.
5. Add whip cream and enjoy the caffinated goodness.