One of my favorite Birthday presents was this excellent DVD called The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Knitting. So far I have only done the first section of the DVD but I am “casting on” like a pro and my next step is to actually do the knitting process. Hopefully in a few weeks I’ll be able to start some real knitting projects.
- The official Knitty Kitty Hat which I saw in the Book Stitch n Bitch and I desperately want to make it.
- The Kittyville website also had the Child Devil hat which be appropriate for some nephews of mine.
- Of course making hats is probably a little ambitious for a first time knitter so I’ll probably start with a few scarves. The Dvd included some patterns but I also found a few I liked online including The Teleidoscope Scarf from Knitpicks.
- I also love Not Martha’s Organic Cotton Man Scarf. I like the idea of using organic cotton.
- I also see a lot of nice looking sweater patterns, ofcourse that might have to wait a little while but I really liked this one Knitty’s Starsky Sweater.
- Another sweater that looks nice and cozy is Berroco’s Moira sweater.
Of course at this time I am day dreaming. But I am going to be studying my DVD and practicing this weekend.
Leave a Reply