Daffodils are a bulb that should be planted in late fall and begin to bloom in early spring. They are considered a symbol of hope and renewal. Here are some fun facts about Daffodils
- Daffodils are the national flower of Wales.
- On Saint David’s Day (March 1st) citizens of Wales traditionally wear a daffodil.
- Daffodil days are held in spring as a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society.
- In the book/movie Big Fish the main character plants a field of daffodils to win the heart of a girl.
- Daffodil and Narcissus are different names for the same flower.
- When cutting Daffodils for flower arrangements pick flowers that are just beginning to bloom.
- Daffodils are poisonous if eaten.