Category: Community

• I Want To Go There

The past two days I was stuck in a boring hotel for a conference. What I really wanted to do was drive up to the snow. I need to plan a trip to Tahoe soon before the snow starts to melt. It’s really just an hour away and I haven’t made it up there this…

• Sunday Olive Picking Along the Delta

Last Sunday, we ventured out into the fog and drove thirty minutes out of town to the Delta region of Sacramento. This area reminds me of the south with picturesque farm houses and sprawling farms all along the inland estuary. The delta is the largest estuary in the United States and the surrounding farmland with…

• Fort Mason Community Garden

While exploring Fort Mason, I accidentally stumbled upon it’s gorgeous community garden. I felt like like Mary Lennox discovering the Secret Garden. Beyond the garden gate is a massive 7,000 square foot community garden in a park like setting. The numerous plots are surrounded by flowers and succulents. Little benches placed throughout the area make…

• Happy Birthday

Doug and Kaitlyn Two of my nephews had birthdays last month. My family has expanded even further since they were born. In the past four years my three sisters have also added two little girls and a little boy to the group. These photos are from my nephew Doug’s fourth birthday party. They were too…

• Sailing the Bay

This past weekend I participated in a sailing race for the first time. I helped out on a sailboat called the Ultimate 20. The crew typically consists of two to three people. The first day was action packed as we participated in three separate races against similar boats. The race committee sets up bouys that…

• Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween, I hope everyone had a great holiday. I missed out on most of the Halloween celebrations because I was sailing in San Francisco. But I did manage to do some pumpkin carving and watch some really bad scary movies. Jolly Roger Jack O’Lantern My Tiki Jack O’ Lantern

• Looking for the Great Pumpkin

Saturday was gorgeous, it was the perfect day to jump in the car and head on over to the local pumpkin patch. Bobby Dazzlers Pumpkin patch is surrounded by farm land so it feels more authentic then the pumpkin patches of my youth. I love all of the colors, shapes and textures of the various…

• Garden Bloggers Bloom Day for October

The calendar may say it’s October but the weather is making it feel like July. It was in the low to mid nineties this past week. The garden is going through a transition phase. Since it’s been so hot I haven’t had the heart to remove all of the summer plants to make room for…

• Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

• Get Better Soon Katie

(Me, Katie aka Gardenpunk, Rosalind Creasy, and Carrie aka Readbetweenthelimes) I received the sad news on Thursday, that one of my friends and favorite gardenbloggers had fallen gravely ill. Please keep Katie from Gardenpunk in your thoughts. Her family is providing regular updates on her online journal.. It’s hard to imagine someone so feisty, strong…